Practical Pet Protocol: Group Dog Training Classes
New Classes starting February 2019!
We’re proud to introduce Atlanta’s premier group dog training class:
Register for our Drop In Group Dog Training Classes:
Bark at the Ark – 288 14th Street NW Ste B, Atlanta, GA 30318
Tuesdays from 7pm to 8pm – TBA
Cost is $180 – sign up online here
Atlanta group dog training classes have gone to a whole new level! The Practical Pet Protocol is designed to be the MOST comprehensive basic obedience class offered in the U.S. Although this is an introductory-level class (no pre-requisites), this class will blow you away!
During the Practical Pet Protocol group dog training class, we’ll cover:
- How to teach your dog all basic obedience commands, including sit, stay, down, heel, come, and place.
- How to use these commands beyond class, including our time-tested behavior modification strategy that uses the same commands you’ll be learning in class! This is information you’ll use with every dog you’ll ever own.
- Real life distractions, including simulations of crowded environments and even a dinner table.
- Knowledge of how to build a relationship of mutual trust and respect between you and your dog. This is the kind of relationship that allows you to influence your dog’s behavior choices both now and in the future.
- A 40+ page booklet to reference once you’re back at home, and a mobile app designed to help you practice.
Best of all, our classes are taught by our professional dog behavior trainers, Christina Dore and Christina Elise. They work with dogs who suffer from all kinds of behavior issues – from lack of manners, to severe aggression – on a full-time basis. They understands not just how to resolve these behaviors through in-home dog training, and they also knows how to prevent them from happening in the first place. Who better than to teach you how to do this yourself?!
Please understand that certain dogs are not a good fit for a group environment:
- Leash reactive dogs (lunging, barking, snarling, etc. at other dogs while on the leash)
- Dogs with existing behavior problems (such as aggression, anxiety, or extreme fearful behavior)
- Dogs younger than 6 months of age
If your dog isn’t a good candidate for group classes, we have good news: these are the exact issues we successfully resolve through our in-home dog training programs! Give us a call about our in-home training programs today!
Register for our Puppyology Group Training Classes:
Common Companion — 240 N. Highland Ave Suite B, Atlanta, GA 30307
Wednesdays from 6:30pm to 7:30pm — Three classes – 2/13, 2/20, and 2/27
Cost is $100 — sign up online here
Puppyology comes in two forms now — in-home AND group classes! If you’re not ready for in-home commitment-based puppy training, get a taste of our Puppyology group class series, where we will cover all your puppy basics in just three weekly classes in a group setting!
If you’re on the fence about puppy training, hop off now and enroll your puppy immediately! Early training will start your puppy on the right paw and prevent potential behavioral problems from forming as your puppy matures into an adult dog. Many puppy owners make the mistake to hold off on training until major problems arise and it becomes absolutely necessary. Instead of waiting for an explosion of serious behavioral issues and bad habits, nip it in the bud early with training and save yourself and your puppy the grief later when they are older (and probably bigger!).
Our Puppyology group class meets once a week for an hour, for 3 consecutive weeks. The topics that will be covered include:
- Potty training/crate training
- Separation anxiety prevention
- Basic commands: Sit, Down, Place, Stay, and Heel
- Leash manners
- Desensitization and socialization
- Puppy nipping and mouthing
- How to apply all these training skills at home and beyond the classroom
- And more!
While the topic of socialization will be discussed, this is a training class and NOT a socialization/playtime hour.
We will accept any puppy between 9 weeks old to 5 months old. All puppies must have their required shots, and puppies that are older than 4 months old are required to have their rabies shots. Any puppies past 5 months old that are needing some training guidance, look into our Practical Pet Protocol group classes or in-home dog training programs! These are also excellent options if you’re looking for more advanced obedience training for your puppy!
For safety and the progress for all students, any puppy that is showing signs of leash reactivity and/or aggression will not be admitted into the group class environment. Instead, we would encourage you to look into our in-home training for these more problematic behaviors.
Owners are asked to bring their puppies to class leashed on a collar and/or harness, a notebook and pen for note-taking, and your puppy’s favorite treats. Clickers are not necessary. Owners MUST pre-register and pre-pay before the first day of class in order to reserve their spot! We do have a limited number of spots for owners and puppies so be sure to register soon at the appropriate class and location that you desire!